My question is regarding joining “optional” unemployment fund

I have gone through answers to several questions on this website regarding unemployment benefits from the state/Government. From those answers, it is clear that it is permissible.

My question is regarding joining “optional” unemployment fund. Here in Finland we have such unemployment funds which pay you a percentage in addition to state’s contribution and unemployment insurance fund. These fund work together with the ministry of employment and details of one such fund can be found using following link

http://www.iaet.fi/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=67&lang=en 

Is it permissible to join such a fund?

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

We refer to your question dated 07 May 2015. We are unable to access the file in reference. Kindly email all relevant documentation to: [email protected]

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Ismail Desai,

Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved,

Mufti Ebrahim Desai.