Du’as and Disbelief

Answered according to Shafi'i Fiqh by Seekersguidance.org

Answered by Shaykh Abdurragmaan Khan

Question: Assalam alaykum,

During wudu, time for prayer was running out and I kept getting whispers concerning if I’ve washed a part properly and such. I said “ oh Allah, don’t let shaytan win”. Now this was entailed to me obliviously. Is this kufr?

Answer: Wa alaykum al-Salam

Shukran for your question

The prayer you made in no way denotes disbelief. Shaytan is our enemy. Allah said this clearly in the Quran. Accordingly, he is determined to lead us astray and wishes for our destruction. Asking Allah not to let him win or overpower us is a good prayer. O Allah grant us victory of shaytan and his armies.

That being said, waswasah is something that should not be ignored. You have to address it and work towards its removal. Please read this answer and implement the advices.

May Allah guide and protect us all, Amin.

Wassalam
[Shaykh] Abdurragmaan Khan

Shaykh Abdurragmaan
received ijazah ’ammah from various luminaries, including but not restricted to: Habib Umar ibn Hafiz—a personality who affected him greatly and who has changed his relationship with Allah, Maulana Yusuf Karaan—the former Mufti of Cape Town; Habib ‘Ali al-Mashhur—the current Mufti of Tarim; Habib ‘Umar al-Jaylani—the Shafi‘i Mufti of Makkah; Sayyid Ahmad bin Abi Bakr al-Hibshi; Habib Kadhim as-Saqqaf; Shaykh Mahmud Sa’id Mamduh; Maulana Abdul Hafiz al-Makki; Shaykh Ala ad-Din al-Afghani; Maulana Fazlur Rahman al-Azami and Shaykh Yahya al-Gawthani amongst others.

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.

Find more answers indexed from: Seekersguidance.org