I intentionally broke my fast and then traveled (Hanbali Fiqh)

Answered according to Hanbali Fiqh by HanbaliDisciples.com
Q: I intentionally broke my fast and then decided to travel, am I still afforded the concession to break my fast as a traveler?
A: It is impermissible to break your fast without a legitimate excuse. If you intetionally broke your fast with out an excuse you must continue to fast the remainder of the day even if you decide to travel as a from of reprimand and make up the day later.

This is also the case of a woman who intentionally breaks her fast, without a legitimate excuse, and then during the day light hours of Ramadan she begins her menstrual cycle. She must fast the remainder of the day as a form of reprimand and make up the day later.

Source: Sharh al-Muntaha

This answer was collected from HanbaliDisciples.com. The questions have been answered by Imam John Starling.

Find more answers indexed from: HanbaliDisciples.com