Is it Recommended to Wear a Kufi (Cap) at Home as a Sign of Modesty?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Seekersguidance.org

Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam

Question: I had read once that a kufi is recommended to be worn even inside the home as a sign of modesty. Is this accurate and what is the evidence for it?

Answer: Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I pray that you are in the best of health and faith, insha’Allah.

It would be from superior adab with the sunna to keep your head covered even when at home, if and when reasonably possible.

Doing so would be an expression of love and submissiveness in following the way of the Holy Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) as we know that covering the head was from his sunna, even whilst at home. [Munawi, Fayd al-Qadir]

And Allah alone gives success.

wassalam,

Tabraze Azam

Checked & Approved by Faraz Rabbani

كان يلبس القلانس) جمع قلنسوة (تحت العمائم وبغير العمائم) الظاهر أنه كان يفعل ذلك في بيته وأما إذا خرج للناس فيظهر أنه كان لا يخرج إلا بالعمامة

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.

Find more answers indexed from: Seekersguidance.org