Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam
Question: Assalam alaykum
1. If pre-sexual fluid (madhi) comes out, can I just wipe my genitals with a paper tissue and do wudu, or must I wash it?
2. How should I wash filthy clothes using a washing machine?
3. Do I have to change my clothes after releasing Pre-Sexual Fluid?
Answer: Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,
1. Yes, wiping suffices to clean the private area. But using water is superior, wherever reasonably possible, as it is more cleansing and removing of the filth from the body.
2. It is superior to clean the filth from your clothes before putting them into the washing machine. Though just doing the latter is sufficient if the traces of filth are removed.
3. It is generally disliked to pray in clothes which are affected by less than [approximately] 5cm in diameter of liquid filth, or 5g if solid.
[Shurunbulali, Maraqi al-Falah with Tahtawi’s Gloss (1.75/485)]
And Allah Most High alone knows best.
[Ustadh] Tabraze Azam
Checked and Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
Ustadh Tabraze Azam holds a BSc in Computer Science from the University of Leicester, where he also served as the President of the Islamic Society. He memorised the entire Qur’an in his hometown of Ipswich at the tender age of sixteen, and has since studied the Islamic Sciences in traditional settings in the UK, Jordan and Turkey. He is currently pursuing advanced studies in Jordan, where he is presently based with his family.