What Can I Do About Anxiety in Prayer and Waswas Regarding My Pronunciation?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Seekersguidance.org

Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam

Question: Assalam ‘aleykum.

During prayer I tend to spend a lot of time correcting my words. Sometimes I end up reading it 5/6 times. Also at the start of an obligatory prayer I get anxious and don’t think Allah will accept my prayer. What can i do to get rid of this?

Answer: Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

I pray that this message finds you well, insha’Allah.

Seek refuge from the devil and make a brief supplication before you start the prayer, and then recite everything once, without repeating any words or sentences, and continue to complete your prayer.

Follow this advice, and with time, your misgivings will disappear, insha’Allah.

And consider taking the following free class at SeekersHub: Absolute Essentials of Islam: Basic Hanafi Jurisprudence (STEP)

And Allah alone knows best.

Wassalam,

Tabraze Azam

Checked & Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.

Find more answers indexed from: Seekersguidance.org