Concerning the Question: Joining the congregation late: Performance of forgetfulness prostratio

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Qibla.com

Answered by Shaykh Hamza Karamali, SunniPath Academy Teacher

Sorry, but I thought the last answer (Joining the congregation late: Performance of forgetfulness prostration with the imam in all circumstances before making up what was missed) was ambiguous. My clarification is about the one salaam that the imam says before making the 2 prostrations of forgetfulness. Given that the latecomer should make the prostrations, should he make the one salaam with the imam immediately before them or not?

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Asslamu alaykum

The answer below clearly states that the latecomer prostrates for forgetfulness with his imam. The one salam before the two prostrations for forgetfulness are from the sunnas of the prostration and do not denote one’s leaving the prayer so there is no reason for a latecomer to not perform this salam.

And Allah knows best.

Sohail Hanif

This answer was indexed from Qibla.com, which used to have a repository of Islamic Q&A answered by various scholars. The website is no longer in existence. It has now been transformed into a learning portal with paid Islamic course offering under the brand of Kiflayn.

Find more answers indexed from: Qibla.com