Going to non-Muslim countries

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I was told that if you and your spouse are in a non-Muslim /Dar ul Harb country and you go to Dar ul Islam (or vice versa) for a visit, your Nikaah is terminated. Is this true? Would it apply e.g. if the husband goes on vacation to Egypt, leaving his wife behind in South Africa for a few weeks?


A: This is not correct. The nikaah will not terminate.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!