1. If someone drinks alcohol and then uses my utensils for drinking water or uses my spoon will my utensils become napaak as his mouth will be impure?
2. If I use a dishwasher to clean impure utensils soiled by alcohol or something impure will the dishwasher be impure? Do I have to wash it?
3. Once an impure glass which was previously containing impure substance is washed can I consider it pure and use it?
4. Washing impurities in the sink makes the sink impure?
1. If at the time he asked to drink from your utensil, he was not drinking alcohol, then the utensil will not be impure. It is natural to feel uncomfortable to allow someone to drink from your utensil knowing that he consumes alcohol. It is better for you to keep separate utensils for him and whenever he comes over you allow him to eat and drink from those utensils.
4. If the impurities have been washed down the sink and you do not see any sign or trace of impurity in the sink, then the sink will be regarded as clean.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)