Getting married to an acquaintance from school

Q: I plan on making nikaah next weekend and need to know if its allowed. This man and I have known each other since school but I married another. That marriage didn’t work and I’ve been divorced for 5 years. I have twin sons (13 years). My school friend and I have now reunited and plan on making nikaah. He has daughters in their teens who live with him.

1. Is nikah allowed?

2. Can our children live together?

3. We heard a man is not allowed to marry a girl from his past. Is this true? We had no relation back than. We were just teens.

A:

1. If your parents are happy with the Deen and the Akhlaaq of the boy and they find him compatible with you, then you may get married to him.

2. Yes. However it is necessary that they observe purda among themselves.

3. No