Sending one’s daughter to live with her uncles and aunts in Pakistan

Q: My daughter has a very bad behaviour. She is 12. I want to send her to Pakistan to her grandparents. Her aunties and uncles are there who read their 5 times salaah and observe pardah (what am saying is its an Islamic environment). Is it right for me to send her because I am the parent and its my duty as a mother, but she doesn’t listen to me at all. I am scared she might end up going on the wrong path.

A: If you are quite sure that they will give her the proper tarbiyat and direct her with Islamic values then you should send her.

رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِى الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِى الآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا قُوا أَنفُسَكُمْ وَأَهْلِيكُمْ نَارًا وَقُودُهَا النَّاسُ وَالْحِجَارَةُ عَلَيْهَا مَلَائِكَةٌ غِلَاظٌ شِدَادٌ لَّا يَعْصُونَ اللَّـهَ مَا أَمَرَهُمْ وَيَفْعَلُونَ مَا يُؤْمَرُونَ ﴿التحريم: ٦﴾