Fulfilling the rights of one’s parents as well as one’s wife

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My family wants me to divorce my wife. My wife want me to cut relations with my family. What do I do?


A: Just as you have rights towards your parents and family, similarly you have rights towards your wife. Please Allah Ta’ala through fulfilling the rights of everybody.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest