Keeping pictures of animate objects

Q: My question is that is it a major sin or a minor sin to keep pictures of animate objects in the house? I know that it must be avoided, but I was having a discussion with my family about this, and now I am very curious as to whether this comes in category of major sins or minor sins? (These photos were taken by someone else, I am asking about keeping them in the house).

A: Displaying pictures of animate objects on walls etc. is a major sin. For more details refer to http://muftionline.co.za/node/1702