Committing sodomy with one’s cousin

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: If someone commits sodomy with his cousin brother (his mother’s brother’s son ). Will this nullify his parents marriage?


A: No. It will not affect their nikaah. However, both should sincerely repent to Allah Ta’ala for committing this major sin.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest