1

Making intention of sending someone for umrah if medical reports are clear

Prev Question
Next Question

Q: Few months back my father’s prostate report came abnormal. I made niyat to Allah Ta’ala that I will send someone for umrah and will stop watching TV and movies if his next report comes normal. Then I thought that sending someone for umrah is a good act and stop watching Tv and movies is a bad act, so I made niyat of it irrespective of the result of his next report.

My question is, is my oath a formal oath? Because I made niyat like this “I am making this niyat that I will send someone for umrah and stop watching Tv and movies from now.

According to what I have learnt, an oath or niyat should be taken with the name of Allah like “in the name of Allah” or “wallahi” or similar to this? I am 99 percent sure that while making the niyat I have not taken the name of Allah.

Note: Alhamdulillah with the blessing of Allah I sent one person for umrah but I am unable to avoid TV and movies, i just want to make some changes in it.

A: The niyyat is valid.