Q: I recently discovered that some of my past actions were kufr and I sent some messages containing shirk. I have sincerely repented and vowed never to do them again. I made a general taubah regarding all my past actions then recited kalimah.
1. I would like to ask if it is necessary to repent specifically for each action as all I have thought about since is remembering specific kalimat I said. Do I need to do tajdeed e iman again if I remember those past actions after making general taubah?
2. Also do I need to perform ghusl after tajdeed e iman?
3. Can tajdeed e iman be made whenn one is junub.
4. What about my prayers that I said while not realising my kufr?
1. This is quite sufficient.
2. No. Bathing is optional.
4. If you have done a fardh hajj the hajj must be repeated.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)