Parents asking their son to get rid of his cat

Q: My family, especially my parents want me to get rid of my kitten that I bought but I am refusing. Can you please tell me if this is right or not. Am I committing a sin by not listening to my parents even though keeping a cat is not haraam. 

A: If they are not comfortable with the cat being in the house, then the cat being in the house is a means of discomfort for your parents and the inmates of the house. For children to bring comfort to their parents and remove their discomfort is something extremely important in Deen. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) mentioned in his Mubaarak Hadith that the pleasure of Allah Ta’ala lies in pleasing one’s parents.