Living with one’s father and stepmother

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I have been living with my father and step mother for the last 25 years and I have a step brother and step sister. I got married 3 years ago but my father somehow is not happy with my marraige. My father accused me of having sexual relations with my stepmother 2 years ago and then he apologised. Recently he again accused me of having illicit relations with my stepmother and he informed my in-laws also. What am I supposed to do now….where am I supposed to live?


A: If it is becoming overburdening to live with your father then you rather move out respectfully. Be near him whenever he wants you.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest