Q: If one prays in congregation, but due to people praying ahead, he cannot join the saffs ahead, is it permissible:
1. To pray behind an empty space between him and the safs ahead where more than two safs can be formed?
2. OR should he pass in front of musalles to go ahead? What about in the Haram Shareef in Makkah Mukarramah and Masjid Nabwi? Are we allowed to pass in front of musalles?
3. If one prayed behind with an empty space ahead, does the salah need to be repeated?
4. If needs to be repeated, if the prayed salah was janazah, what intention to make for the repeated salah, nafl as janazah salah perhaps cannot be repeated?
1. He should perform the namaaz close to the saff. This is against the adab of salaah to leave a gap.
3. It is valid if it is in the musjid.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)