Q: I was recently given a 1/3 share in a business (i.e.without investing anything). However I am currently a working partner in the business. My question is
1. Am I intitled to a salary?
2. When the shares are distributed, do I recieve any?
3. If i am not intitled to a salary, what is the way foward with regards to me recieving extra due to being a working partner?
1. Some ulama have allowed this. (Ahsanul Fataawa)
2. Since you are in the partnership you will get your share of the profits.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.