Disowning one’s children

Q: I’m a mum and my daughter went to marry a guy behind our backs and it’s her second marriage. We were not happy about it but she says that she’s very happy. She only told me this yesterday and her father doesn’t even know yet and I’m very worried what he’s reaction will be. I have disowned her. Have I done the right thing? There two little grandchildren of mine which I have disowned too and it’s hurting me very badly. Please advice. 

A: There is no point in disowning your daughter or grandchildren. Be compassionate towards her and salvage whatever you can i.e. whatever deeni values you can pass on to them pass it on to them. Why should you deprive them because of your own ego.