Refusing to marry someone who does not accept purdah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: Is it permissible for me to accept the rishta of the one who strictly do not accept sharee parda where as I do sharee parda from years? Would I be sinful and considered as disobedient to my parents if I deny such a rishta?


A: No.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!