Q: I have developed an urdu learning app and I will sell its features.
1. If I ask some of my friends or relatives to forward and market my app as much as they can to their known people, do I need to pay them for this?
2. I am a female, can I market my app by collecting a large number of emails from internet and then send my app link on those email addresses, is it permissible for me to do this?
3. I am not on facebook neither do i use it. Can I ask my friend to market my app on facebook? Is it permissible? Is facebook a haram medium to market my app? What if I dont ask my friend but still she markets my app on facebook, do I need to stop her from marketing my app on facebook?
1. If they ask for a remuneration you should give them.
2. It is permissible.
3. The more important thing is to guard yourself from any fitnah. If you fear any fitnah and evil forthcoming then forget about this.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.