Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Changing one’s shaikh

Changing one’s shaikh

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I had bay’at with a shaikh. Can I change my shaikh without informing him or is it necessary to inform him?


A: If you have a shaikh it is not right to move away from him without a valid reason.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.