Random Q&A

Husband involved in extra marital affairs

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My husband drinks and gambles and has extra marital affairs with women, comes late at night three, four o’clock, does not give me and my daughters time, not even talk to me, always in anger, does not give me money, but he never beats me up or abuses, does not allow me to do job, but i’m totally fed up of his behaviour. Even I am in depression sometimes thinking of suicide. Can I seek divorce from him? How? What about sponsorship of daughters? Please guide me. Although I know Allah Ta’ala does not like divorce.


A: Yes, you can seek a divorce.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!