Distributing another person’s charity in a different currency

Q: If somebody gave me physical money to give away in charity in a another country where the currency is different, do I have to use the same money that he gave me and exchange it for the local currency or can I keep his currency and use the currency I already have to discharge his sadaqa?

A: The safer thing for you to do in this situation is that you inform the one who had given you the money of the equivalent in the foreign currency. If he is pleased with you giving that specific amount then you may thereafter give it from your own currency.