Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Making dua for the Hidaayat of non-Muslim children

Making dua for the Hidaayat of non-Muslim children

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I have adopted Islam and married a Muslim man. I have two daughters from my earlier marriage who was a Hindu man. My daughters have not adopted islam yet. We keep on trying to make them understand and adopt Islam. My elder daughter is fifteen years old and younger one is 13 years old. Elder daughter gets angry whenever we talk about changing religion and wants that we should not talk to her regarding religion in future. Younger one says she will very soon adopt Islam. I want to know how should my husband interact with my elder daughter after knowing that she will never convert to Islam? I also want to know can my husband make dua for them as they are non-muslims but they are his daughters?


A: Just be kind and gentle towards her. Don’t bring about a religious topic in her presence.

Yes, make du`aa for their hidaayat.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: