Studying tafseer under an experienced and qualified Aalim

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: Is it allowed for us the common people to teach others what we might have learnt from just reading Quran and it’s translation or are we supposed to learn just what Ulama’ teach us about Qur’an?


A: The Tafseer of the Qur’an should be studied under an experienced qualified Aalim.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: