Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Consulting one’s parents in matters of nikaah

Consulting one’s parents in matters of nikaah

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I have gotten a proposal from a brother which I was going to accept but due to some reason we cannot go ahead. He has a mental block. We would like to marry but this block is stopping us.


A: Consult your parents and elders. Don’t take any decision without consulting them.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: