Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » What should you do regarding your father’s Huquq and expenses?

What should you do regarding your father’s Huquq and expenses?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
Aslwkm A kindly Request Regarding Huquq of my father. After marriage i am leaving separtly in rent house.due to misunderstanig. my house rent is 2000.my salary is 7000 now. and my father is asking me to give 1500 per month for his expenditure. I have 1 sister and 1 brother mother expire last 2 year back. my father is pensiner and we have Extra 1 house given to rent and getting 3000. and at the time of separting me my father did given even a singal pisa. A kindly request to suggest me on this.What i have to do.


(Fatwa: 527/L=173/tl=1431)

According to Islamic teaching, one is asked to be good with one’s parents. If parents are rich and possess wealth according to their requirement, in this case son is not responsible for their maintenance. So, in the case mentioned above, when your father is receiving pension and three thousand rupees as rent, so their demand for fifteen hundred rupees for their expenses is not appropriate. If you cannot afford you should apologize with wisdom and politeness, however look after them time and again and fulfil their needs according to your capacity.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Read answers with similar topics: