Once i was travelling in a bus.I paid the conductor a fare … what to do now.Please guide that Allah forgives me.

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta Deoband Waqf
Ref. No. 1117

As salamo alaikum.Once i was travelling in a bus.I paid the conductor a fare of Rs.5 and he gave me ticket of Rs.7 but i was not aware of the Rs.7 ticket and I was thinking something else.When i got down off the bus,i realised that I have paid Rs.5.So what to do now.Please guide that Allah forgives me.

Answer:

Ref. No. 1175 Alif

In the name of Allah the most Gracious the most Merciful

The answer to your question is as follows:

If the actual fare is 5 rupees, then you don’t have to do anything more. It is the mistake of conductor that he gave you ticket of 7 rupees. But if the actual fare is 7 rupees, then you have to pay him 2 rupees more. If it is not possible to pay him, then you should give 2 rupees in charity.  And Allah knows best

Darul Ifta

Darul Uloom Waqf Deoband

This answer was collected from the official website of Darul Uloom Deoband Waqf. The institution is based in India and the answers are provided in accordance to the Hanafi Fiqh.

Find more answers indexed from: Darulifta Deoband Waqf