Can a man marry a woman twice his age & interpretation of dream

My question is: two parted; 1) can a man marry a woman twice his age? And two I have dreams and day dreams of getting married and having kids but soon dieing, I know im not supposed to share dreams but what’s this mean? Jazak Allah khayr

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

1)     It is permissible for a man to marry a woman older than him, be she twice his age.[1] The Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, himself married Khadeeja, raiyallahu ‘anhaa, when they were 25 and 40 years old respectively.[2]

2)     You should ignore such dreams as they have no real relevance to your life and your true purpose in this world. Instead, focus your attention to pleasing Allah Ta’aalaa and serving His deen.  

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Muhammad Haris Siddiqui

Student Darul Iftaa
Melbourne, Australia 

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

[1]  ((…و أحل لكم ما وراء ذلكم…)) [النساء ٢٤]

[2]  الرحيق المختوم ص.٦١