Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » If some one has Schizophrenia( a mental illness) , will be he / she considered taken as Insane in Islam.

If some one has Schizophrenia( a mental illness) , will be he / she considered taken as Insane in Islam.

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Askimam.org

Q=1 If some one has Schizophrenia( a mental illness) , will be he / she considered taken as Insane in Islam. Despite the fact If he / she is on treatment but gets occasional flare ups of his disease, he/she commits suicide or any other action whiich is not allowed in Islam, will he/ she be held accountable for his action in qabar or the day of qayamah?

Q=2 My brother passed away nearly 2 months ago and I have been seeing him every other day or so in my dream, despite me not wanting to see this  particular dream where I see his dead body suddenly becomes alive and then start to talk.Throughout the dream I know that he is dead and has woken up. I am very much disturbed by this dream. Poeple say may be I think about him and may have a wish that if he was alive but Mufti Sahib I have never wanted or wished him to be back. I believe in Allahs will and bow infront of HIS decision.Can you please tell me if this dream has any meaning or just shaitan’s input …I am really worried.

Answer

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh

1. The condition of such a person is best known by Allah. In principle, if such a person’s mental status of mind was completely astray and reached a state of insanity then he/she will be excused, Inshallah.
  2. The dream is a reflection of you love for your brother. May Allah forgive him and elevate his status, Ameen.

And Allah knows best

Wassalam

Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah