[1] can you please tell me if smoking a cigarette invalidates the wudu? [2] are we allowed to rely on the weather forecast,

[1] can you please tell me if smoking a cigarette invalidates the wudu? [2] are we allowed to rely on the weather forecast, ie take the umbrella with you because they have forecast rain or dont wear a coat because they have forecast a hot sunny day? they usually forecast about 4/5 days in advance. Jazak Allah

Answer

Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabrakatuh,

1.      Smoking cigarettes is makruh (disliked) primarily due to two reasons.

a.      It gives out a bad odour

b.     Smoking is injurious to health.

To commit a makruh act is a sin.

In principle if one is in a state of Wudhu and commits a sin, it is advisable for him to repeat the wudhu.

If one smokes, he should feel the guilt of his sin and repeat his wudhu.

2.      It is permissible to take a clue from weather forecasts and act accordingly. It is similar to seeing the clouds gather and assume it will rain. Weather forecasts are not absolute. Information is based on various climatical conditions and geographical locations.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best,

Muftī Ebrahim Desai

Daruliftaa
35 Candella Rd, Durban, South Africa