My brother died. Is my mother obligated for iddat, since my sister-in-law lives in different country.

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

My parents live in Pakistan. My brother died in South Africa where he lived. Can my mother attend a family wedding or does she have to be in iddat?


Your mother does not have to sit in Iddat if your brother (her son) passed
away. Only the widow of the deceased (your sister-in-law) has to observe
Iddat of four months and ten days.

and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Original Source Link

This answer was collected from, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Ebrahim Desai from South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: