1. Is it permissible to use a Flight Simulator, 2. While Taking Off/Landing, are there any du’aas that can be read?

The reason why I need this help is because I’ll be taking flying lessons soon. 1. Is it permissible to use a Flight Simulator, which is a professional edition (Classed as a game, but one that costs £80) to practice? This involves getting used to things, such as GPS, Air traffic communications, realism effects. 2. While Taking Off/Landing, are there any du’aas that can be read?

Answer

1. It is permissible. Is there any specific doubt you have?

2. Read the Duas for starting and completing a journey. Also when ascending recite ?Allahu Akbar? in abundance, and when descending recite ?Subhaanallah? in abundance.

Ml. Imraan Vawda
FATWA DEPT.