1)Being that I live in Canada, and every car -must- have car insurance, and every car insurance company deals with interest, what can I do?

Asalamu Alaikum Mufti Ebrahim Desai? My name is Ahmed Alamelhuda. Being that I live in Canada, and every car MUST have car insurance, and every car insurance company deals with interest, what can I do? This also revolves around house and car payments. Please inform me of a Halal way to pay for all of these things.

Answer

According to the Shari?ah, interest and conventional insurance schemes are prohibited. It is not permissible to take an interest bearing loan to purchase anything, house or motor vehicle.

If you are compelled by law to insure your motor vehicle, then you will be excused for doing so.