My son is going to Egypt for Islamic studies. My younger sister who has no children wants to go with him. However I feel reluctant

My son is Inshallah going to Egypt, for Islamic studies. My younger sister who has no children wants to go with him. However I feel reluctant, as he will not be able to co-ordinate his studies with her plans and having to escort her everywhere. I feel she should go with her husband as my son is going to learn deen and he needs the freedom to sit with scholars Inshallah instead of worrying about his aunty. He is only 18 years old and mashallah wants to study deen. Please advise as he is worried about religious duty.

Answer

Considering the circumstances, it is better if your son does not take her
with him. Her husband should accompany her instead. It is rather difficult
for an 18 year old lad to take care of and escourt his aunt – especially in
these times.

Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
FATWA DEPT.

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai