Sometimes my mother indulges in practises which are very strange, and i feel are bida’h. For example, she takes eggs and circles the eggs around my head 7 times

Sometimes my mother indulges in practises which are very strange, and i feel are bida’h. For example, she takes eggs and circles the eggs around my head 7 times, saying that this helps remove Nazar. Or, she takes some chilli, and burns it, saying this will also help remove Nazar. I would like to get a fatwa from you, to show to my mother, on the status of such practises. Are they not bida’h?

Answer

If your mother does not regard these practices as compulsory in Shari?ah, then they are not Bid?ah.

A person may follow the experiences of others like in medicine, farming, etc.