Is it correct to say to dead people (saints, etc.), at their graves, that “O so and so, make dua to Allah for me”.

Is it correct to say to dead people (saints, etc.), at their graves, that “O so and so, make dua to Allah for me”. For example, is it correct to say, at the grave of Rasool Allah (SAW), “Ya Rasool Allah (SAW), make dua to Allah to grant me this or that”. Is this permissible? I have read your standard reply on Tawassul, but i would really appreciate it if you told me whether or not the above statement is permissible?

Answer

Yes, this is permissible as long as you are not asking Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) or saints directly.