Is liquid nitrogen halaal

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by AnswersToFatawa

Salaams Sheikh,

I wanted to know if it is Halal to use Liquid Nitrogen for deserts etc. It is used at times to help make the food/desert more appealing too. If you could look into it and let me know InshaAllah it would be very much appreciated.

Jazakallah khayr

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

We have contacted SANHA (South African National Halaal Authority) who confirmed that liquid nitrogen[1] is permissible.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Hafizurrahman Fatehmahomed

Student Darul Iftaa
Netherlands

Checked and Approved by,

[1]  liquid nitrogen is used to make ice cream, flash-freeze herbs or freeze alcohol. Bartenders will swirl it around glasses to chill them, so that the supercooled glass will emanate a dramatic-looking vapor. (Liquid nitrogen creates a fog when exposed to air.) – http://healthland.time.com/2012/10/10/why-liquid-nitrogen-is-dangerous/

The source link of this answer has been removed. It was originally collected from Answerstofatawa.com, which no longer functions.

This answer was collected from AnswersToFatawa.com, which no longer exists. It was established by Moulana Hafizurrahman Fatehmahomed. He graduated from Jamiatul Ilm Wal Huda, Blackburn, UK with a distinction in Alimiyyah degree. He thereafter traveled to Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah, Durban, South Africa, to train as a Mufti under Mufti Ebrahim Desai (rah) and Mufti Husain Kadodia.

Find more answers indexed from: AnswersToFatawa