The Government of Pakistan is requiring the Hajis to stick the Pakistani flag on the ihram, but I will use ihram with material on which the sticker will not apply properly. Is it permissible to stitch the sticker on the ihram?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Albalagh.net

Sewing a Flag to the Ihram Cloth

By Mufti Shafique A Jakhura and Mufti M.D. Mangera

Q.The Government of Pakistan is requiring the Hajis to stick the Pakistani flag on the ihram, but I will use ihram with material on which the sticker will not apply properly. Is it permissible to stitch the sticker on the ihram?

A.

It is best that the ihram should be plain without any stickers or stitches. However, the sticker will not affect the validity of the Ihram.

And Allah Knows Best

________________________________________________

This answer was collected from Albalagh.net, which is an Islamic site with Q&A and articles authored by many world renowned scholars from the Muslim world. Many of Mufti Taqi Uthmani’s fatawa in English are found exclusively on this site.

Find more answers indexed from: Albalagh.net