Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Albalagh.net » Swimming in Community Pool When No One is There

Swimming in Community Pool When No One is There

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Albalagh.net

By Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Q.) I would like to ask if this is permissible: My husband and I and my 2 small children live in an apartment complex. There is a community swimming pool; there are people in it after 5 pm usually. We have checked that on weekdays in the afternoon, around 12 pm to 4 pm there is no one ever in the swimming pool. And the pool is covered by a wall around it, so no one can see inside. I would like to know as I wear a hijab and also cover my face when I go out, is it permissible if I and my husband go to swim in those specified hours around 11:30 am to 1:30 pm, with our children. I will be wearing full clothes when inside water and have my hijab right next to the pool in case someone comes in. As my husband will be there, he can tell me before hand if someone is coming in. Please let me know if this is permissible. JazakAllah khair. [Sister in Islam]

A.) If you have the public swimming pool by yourself and based on your experiences and observations that nobody uses the public pool on the times mentioned by you, you may use the public pool to your advantage in the presence of your husband.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

This answer was collected from Albalagh.net, which is an Islamic site with Q&A and articles authored by many world renowned scholars from the Muslim world. Many of Mufti Taqi Uthmani’s fatawa in English are found exclusively on this site.

Assalamualaikum Mufti SB..! i want to know what is fatwa about software piracy like using pirated version of windows , MS office and other applications….most of people use pirated softwares here in our city including religous people as they dont know it an act of stealing because no scholar of our state has issued any fatwa about it…!Many of our saathies install softwares in systems of madaris so that their work may become easier but they and the authorities of madaris dont know it is a pirated software and it cant be used on two processors simultaneously without prior permission of the software maker as most of the software used are microsoft products which are costly and follow EULA (End Users License Agreement)…!So please if there is any fatwa regarding the issue please post it so that i can forward it to our ulemas and they may issue it publicly so that whole ummat (usually muslims from our state) will stop software piracy…!Although we can use alternatives like open source which are free like linux (opensuse, ubuntu,etc) as OS (operating systems) and AbiWord as word processors and gimp as image processors but common people unaware of these issues (EULA and GNU, Piracy and legal copying) dont use them preferably …! In any computer using windows EULA is found at “SystemrootSystem32eula.txt.” For example C:WINDOWSSystem32eula.txt or from your desktop (in windows) you can type windows_key r (or open run from start menu) then write eula.txt and press enter to see EULA