Shafi'i Fiqh

Reconciling over Child Custody

My daughter lives in the US with her mother, my ex-wife, who hasn`t got married yet. In case she got married, who has the right to take custody of the daughter, particularly since the new husband doesn`t mind that she stays with her mother? In addition, my ex-wife even offered to take full custody of our daughter in return for delaying claiming child support for one year. It is worth mentioning that when she asked for Khulu` (The wife obtaining divorce by relinquishing the divorcee rights), and I agreed, her father told me that I`m not required to spend on the daughter until I have completed my PhD. What is the ruling of Sharia on this arrangement?

Shafi'i Fiqh

Is it Prohibited to Stand by a Friend-who is a Thief-for Guidance?

A friend of mine has suffered a financial crisis, so he took a certain sum from the money under his custody to make up for the loss. However, he lost that sum too, so he stole a larger sum and fled the country. Unfortunately, he came to the country I work in. He was very sorry for what he had done and I tried to convince him to give the money back, but he insisted on investing that money to give it back later. His family keeps begging me to stand by him and guide him to the right course of action. Every time he invites me to lunch, I pay the bill to avoid eating food paid for from ill-gotten money. However, he paid for lunch twice. What is the ruling on my standing by him for guidance and the two instances in which he paid for the lunch?

Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest