I arrived home from a trip, do I fast? (Hanbali Fiqh)

Answered according to Hanbali Fiqh by HanbaliDisciples.com
Q: In Ramadan, I broke my fast due to travel. I returned home during the day. Am I allowed to eat and drink now that I’m back home because I already broke my fast for the day?
A: It is preferred for the traveler to break their fast during Ramadan. However, when you return home you are no longer considered a traveler and so the excuse to break your fast no longer exists. You must fast the remainder of the day and make of that fast later. The same applies to a women who concludes her menstrual cycle during the daylight hours of Ramadan. She must fast the remainder of the day and make it up later. Allah knows best and is the best in reward.

Source: Sharh al-Muntaha

This answer was collected from HanbaliDisciples.com. The questions have been answered by Imam John Starling.

Find more answers indexed from: HanbaliDisciples.com