Should I Stop Using Hemp Oil?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Seekersguidance.org

Answered by Ustadh Salman Younas

Question: I purchased hemp oil for cleansing my face. I did not realize the oil was extracted from cannabis. I’m afraid that placing a warm towel on my face with the oil on is causing me to inhale it. Should I stop using it?

Answer: assalamu alaykum

It would be permitted to ingest such a substance as it is neither being used as an intoxicant, nor in an intoxicating amount. Hemp oil is made from hemp seeds, and I mentioned in a previous answer that:

Hemp seeds would be permitted to consume. Even though it is from the genus of Cannabis, it only contains negligible amounts of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is the main psychoactive constituent of cannabis the drug. Therefore, it would not be impermissible to consume.

Please see: Are Hemp Seeds Permitted to Consume?

Salman

Checked & Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Photo: Neon Tommy

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.

Find more answers indexed from: Seekersguidance.org