Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftisays.com » How can I marry an alim guy my father refused?

How can I marry an alim guy my father refused?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftisays.com
i am really confused and dont know what i shud do.i was going out with a guy whos an alim.knowing we were doing the wrong thing i decided to ask my parents if we could marry.my father refused so i stopped all forms of contact with him but i really want to marry this guy and dont know what i should do.

In the Name of Allah, the Inspirer of Truth.
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Sister

You made the right move in breaking contact with this brother. If you really seriously want to marry this person, then seek the intercession of a member of your family, or another party whom you are comfortable with, to mediate with your father and convince him.

If however, your father is still adamant, then we feel you should respect your father’s wish. The spouse whom Allah has written for you will come to be Insha-Allah Ta’ala, nothing can change that . You are complete strangers as far as the Shari’ah is concerned anyway. The past is gone and spent. You have your whole life ahead of you so invest life in pleasing the One Lord, Allah.

And Allah knows Best
Wa Alaykumussalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

(Mufti) Abdullah Patel
Halal Food Guide

Original Source Link

This answer was collected from MuftiSays.com, based in London (UK). It is one of the fruits of Darul Uloom London. Many ‘ulama are involved in answering the Q&A on the site, including: Shaikul Hadeeth Mufti Umar Farooq Sahib, Mufti Saifur Rahman Sahib, Mufti Abdullah Patel Sahib, Maulana Qamruz Zaman Sahib, Mufti Abu Bakr Karolia Sahib.

Read answers with similar topics: