Spiritual exercises

Q: I wanted to know that when there is spirituality and Allah’s qurb in all religions of the world including Islam then does that mean that all religions are true and all from Allah? I got to know that Mysticism and Spirituality are found in almost all major religions of the world, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Taosim, Buddhism, etc. Does that mean that all religions ultimately lead to God? Allah says in the Quran “If you are thankful I will increase in you”. Today non Muslims are practicing gratitude and it works for them also. 

A: Spirituality is not Allah’s qurb. Spirituality refers to going through spiritual exercises, and spiritual exercises do not bring you close to Allah. Rather you begin to have little more control over your temptations, and this is done generally for mental ease and relief. The doors to proximity to Allah have all been sealed. The only gateway is the way of Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam). The more one becomes committed mentally, verbally, physically, and emotionally the greater will his proximity to Allah be.