Doubts regarding Sayyids

Q: As a lot of people believe that there are still Sayyids like my family, some I have encountered do not believe in Sayyids and say we are fake, is it true?Any prove that Sayyids actually exist from the Hadith or anything that says there would be Sayyids?

A: What is the reason to reject the claim that the individual has made. Have you got any grounds to reject his claim? If you do not then why should you take the trouble of rejecting. If someone says that he is of legitimate stock why should you doubt his credentials?