Husband spending on parents and siblings

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My husband lives abroad and spends money on his parents and siblings. He says that he can’t afford my visa and tickets. Is it my right to live with him? Its been two years and I have a son. My question is, who has more right on my husbands money, his parents and siblings or me?


A: I suggest that you don’t make this an issue. If you find it difficult living like this then ask him for a separation and move on with your life.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!